Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

on Monday, February 15, 2010
That's what I was having a little while ago.  My day wasn't off to a very good start with running late for work and falling flat on my butt in the parking lot outside my building (salt would be greatly appreciated, maintenance man).  However, I got into work, and despite the fact that I was 5 minutes late, I'm still having a good day.


I've been having issues with my web design project.  I opted to use different software than what the professor was teaching, because I had it on my computer and I thought it would be beneficial to learn the software that I have in case I ever want to use it in the future.  Well, in case you didn't know--


Web Design is hard.  And confusing.  And the software makes me want to scream.


But I figured it out.  Not only was I able to upload the design that I made, but I was able to create rollovers, too.  (Those fancy little things that make the buttons change color when you put your mouse on top of it.)


I'm pretty proud of myself.  Hopefully the professor will be pleased with my progress. I have one of the four pages for my site uploaded at this point, and the goal is to have all four uploaded by the time I have class at 1:30.  This seems like it allows me a whole lot of time, but I have another class between now and then, so I really only have a couple of hours.  Hopefully I can get it accomplished, or at least a good portion of it.  After I get those uploaded, I'll just need to link them together, and then I'll be done!


We'll see how it goes . . . Thank Jesus for youtube tutorials. :P


My goal lately has been to keep a more positive attitude and try and keep from getting overwhelmed so easily (this happens to me on a regular basis).  Joshua has been helping, and a few days ago he shared this image with me,





I feel that it helps to keep this little birdy in mind when things get really frustrating :)  I plan to make an embroidery that has this saying and a little birdy or some McDonalds french fries on it, so that I can display it and keep it in mind more readily :)  Plus, Josh and I just think that little bird is hilarious.  He found a fry!!! Wouldn't you be excited?!


Thanks for visiting me today.  I hope you are as happy as a bird with a french fry. :)


Keep smiling,
Alyssa

4 comments:

Trinity said...

Sorry you fell on your bum! But I'm glad your day turned out okay. What software are you using for your class? I'm just curious because I used Adobe Flash to make rollovers and flash maps in broadcast! :)

As for the bird picture I really liked it and it reminded me of one of my favorite passages in the bible.

Matthew 6:25-27
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Love you!
Trin

Alyssa Bennett Smith said...

The class is using Adobe GoLive and I'm using Adobe Dreamweaver. After you learn the software, it's really not that bad, but learning it is a pain. We're not learning anything to do with Flash because the professor is very anti-flash. Flash websites are not compatible with blind-software that reads websites to the visually impaired, and therefore she looks at it as discrimination to make a website that isn't accessible to everyone. I agree with her, but still think that Flash is useful in other ways.

I love that passage :) Joshua is actually working on an embroidery right now (that's right, he embroiders) that has some flowers and birds on it and across the top it says "Consider the birds of the air". It's really pretty :) He's going to make a series of them with a bunch of our favorite verses and we're going to hang then in the apartment when we're married :D

Trinity said...

That is so cool that Josh is all crafty like you. :) I bet those will look great hanging in your apartment.

PS
I have a new blog post up about the gift I made Micah. It was kind of an experiment and the first time I tried to sew something like that by hand but I think it turned out okay.

JoJo R. said...

This little bird picture made me laugh so hard because when you think about it those little birds are so happy when they find food scraps. Awh lovely little birds hey I have blog too. Check it out, it really isnt about anything but I hope you still choose to read it. http://jrraplaceinthesun.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment