"Stupid Good Avacado Soup"

on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Joshua and I are doing our best to eat healthily.  Sometimes succeeding and sometimes ending up at Taco Bell at 11:30.  You win some, you lose some.  However, when we win, it is usually associated with a lovely blog called Broke and Healthy.  This blog is the product of a woman who wants to prove that just because you don't have money doesn't mean you have to eat like crap, which is a common misconception of a LOT of people now-a-days (yes, Joshua, I know that's not a word).

Here is one of our favorite recipes that we tried a week or two ago.  The title is more than accurate.  

This picture is from our own personal experiment that we both LOVED, as did our friend Matthew.  

TIPS:
 -You may want to add some form of liquid (I used skim milk) in order to get more of a "soup" texture and less of a "warm guacamole" texture
-Add whatever spices you like.  I used chili powder and paprika in ours because we like a little spice.  It worked out nicely, but you may not like those flavors.
-Even if you don't like guacamole or avocados, I would recommend giving this a try.  From what I hear it's delicious even to those who did not previously like avocados.

Bon apetite!  We have a Halloween party tonight and I cannot WAIT to unveil my costume :)  It's going to be pretty awesome!

xoxo Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment