Did you kill the man who killed you?

on Saturday, October 9, 2010
Joshua and I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time together lately because he's been so busy with working on two degrees and working and I have class and several jobs, as well.  We decided to take this morning, before he has to go in to work, and have a little stay-at-home date.  Those are my favorite kind :)

We got the movie "Dead Man" earlier this week from Netflix and have been very excited to watch it.  It's a film from 1995 starring Johnny Depp and it is . . . quite strange.  We first discovered it from a sound clip that was featured in my favorite song from one of our favorite bands, The Illalogical Spoon.  The song is called Who's the Cowboy Now? and it features an audio clip from the movie, that I quickly recognized as Johnny Depp's voice (I have a *slight* obsession).  We looked up where the clip came from and were very intrigued by the movie.

It was wonderful!  Check it out.  However *DISCLAIMER* it's really weird.  Just so you know, in case you're not into that kind of thing.



Other actors that can be seen in this film: Alfred Molina, Billy Bob Thorton, William Hurt, and Crispin Glover.  I highly recommend it.

More work on some projects tonight!  I'm hoping to finish up "The Beast" aka the huge quilt I started several weeks ago as well as get a start on several custom orders that have been sort of slow going.  Thanks for reading!  Another update coming soon whenever I can get some of those projects wrapped up :P

xoxo Alyssa

*EDIT* It is not actually William Hurt, it is John Hurt.  Also, the entire soundtrack for this movie was made by Neil Young sitting in a studio, watching the movie, and improving on his electric guitar to fit what he was watching.  It's QUITE brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment