*cliche goals post*

on Saturday, January 8, 2011
Yeah . . . I did it.


1. Get Etsy shop running-  I have the space set aside on the site and have designed the banner, however, I have very little motivation to list anything.  It takes so long and I was so discouraged with the lack of interest the last time I had a shop and that isn't helping me to try again.  I really want to get it up and running, though, and give it another go.  Hopefully this one will be met by the end of January.

2. Read 1 hour a week-  I love reading and have several new books that I have accumulated over the last year or two, but hardly ever set aside time to actually read.  I want to do this more.

3. Blog 4 times a week-  I think I can . . . I think I can . . . 

4. Keep checkbook balanced- I usually balance our checkbook about once a week, and catch up to everything we've bought/deposited at once.  Usually this works, but every once in a while it leads to some unpleasant surprises.  The goal is to minimize/eliminate those surprises by being more diligent about balancing my checkbook more often.

5. Be proactive with plans for Anavah House-  My husband and I are in the beginning stages of a very exciting project, and he has done most of the leg work.  You can read more about the project and our ideas here.  I want him to feel like I am more of a part of the brainstorming and not feel like he has to do it all on his own.

6. Create product line for BBRC-  BBRC is the coffee shop that is located on the first floor of the house that Joshua and I just moved into (we moved to the third floor apartment).  The building and business are a big part of our future plans, and the goal for the last few months has been to establish a line of handmade goodies that use the burlap coffee bags as the main material.  I have experimented a little but not gotten very far.  Therefore, the goal is to have a line of at least 5 different products with at least 3 variations/styles each by the summer time.

7. Get REAL business cards-  I have been printing my own business cards on cardstock for a while now, and those work, but I feel like for as little as it would cost, it would probably do a lot of good for Adorkable's image if I had some professionally printed business cards.  I got some mini-cards to use as tags for my merchandise from Moo.com and I LOVE them, so I will probably just order them from there.  Now I just have to save my pennies . . . 

Thanks for bearing with me through the gushing of my very self-centered blog post.  I hope you have some goals for this year, too, and would love to hear about them!  Maybe we could help each other achieve them in some way :)

xoxo Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment