Newest Weekend Excursion—Kansas City!

on Friday, August 13, 2010
The plan for Joshua and I is to move to Kansas city in the spring, once both of us are finished with our bachelors degrees in Cape (mine in Art/Graphic Design and his in Creative Writing/Poetry).  Our BEST FRIENDS already live there and have a house that is big enough for the whole gang, so every once in a while we try to go visit.  All of us always enjoy our hang out time tremendously and walk away from it refreshed and renewed.  It's almost like no one realizes how much they miss each other until they realize how much stress is relieved after we hang out :P

The goofball on the left is Tyler, the lovely lady in the middle is his wife Jess, and the handsome devil on the right is Tyler's brother, Caleb.

They are three of our best friends and were Matron of Honor and joint Best Men at our wedding (which is where all of these pictures are from, courtesy of my wonderful soon-to-be-sister-in-law, Trinity)


We had a really wonderful time catching up with all of them, considering we hadn't seen any of them since the wedding.  We even went thrifting!  The car wreck in my previous post had more casualties than just my Taurus.  I was beginning what was supposed to be an 8 hour long drive, and had filled my favorite vintage carafe with coffee for the trip.  I found it at Teen Challenge several months ago and had never had an opportunity to use it.  It had been so neglected that I don't even have a picture of it.  Sorry, friend.  But I did find this one that is very similar in the funretro shop on Etsy.


Mine was almost exactly like this, but with slightly different flowers on it.  And I had killed it.
The good news is, when Joshua and I went thrifting with Tyler and Jess, I found it's cousin!

Isn't it beautiful?  I'm going to be extra careful not to wreck my car with this one in tow.  Especially before I get to use it at least once. Geeze.

It was a lovely weekend and I already can't wait to see all three of them, again.  

Thanks for reading!

xoxo Alyssa

ps- Check out the awesome wedding gift that Jess gave us when we visited!  Isn't it gorgeous?! And soooo soft :)


 

1 comments:

Jess Tank said...

I can't wait for you to move here.

That is all.

Post a Comment