Oh, my!

on Tuesday, March 2, 2010
I apologize for the lack of blogging on my part.  It has been a crazy week.  I hope you all enjoyed my DIY! It may seem simple, but I know personally I wish someone would have told me about that a loooooong time ago.  My freehanded embroidery just never turns out the way I like, and I don't like to draw directly onto the fabric (you never know if it will actually get covered up by the stitches, and who wants pencil on their piece? Not I).


In other news:


-I finished my website and my professor/classmates LOVED it :) I was very pleased.  Hopefully I'll get some images up soon so you all can give feedback as well :)  The "company" that I used for the site is actually going to be my BFA project as well, so I will probably revamp and reuse the site for that.


- I got a new tattoo!!!



The typeface is Joshua's handwriting and the phrase comes from I Thessalonians 15 :D  I am thrilled with it.  (It's actually not quite as thick and heavy as it looks in this image, the editing I did darkened the lines a bit).

-Joshua, Matthew, Hannah (Joshua's sister), and I all drove to Nashville on Saturday to see Waterdeep play. (That link is to a video from a concert they did two days before the one we went to.)  The show that we saw was a small houseshow open only to those who purchased the special gift package with their new CD that came out in December.  There were about 50-60 people there and the night was full of great music, awesome company, and AMAZING coffee.  It was INCREDIBLE.  The four of us had a BLAST hanging out and roadtripping together, and the music was simply fantastic.

-An office recently cleared out in the BSC and Dr. Gentry gave us permission to use it as a music room :) We've been in the process of moving all of our stuff in to make it a rehearsal/recording space, as well as a little "hang out area" with a couch and a microwave (:D).   It is very exciting :D

-As for my art, I haven't had much time for it lately, except for the stuff I've made for classes.  I'm hoping that after the Berlin Airlift show on Saturday (BE THERE) I'll have a little more time to craft again :)  I have patterns, ideas for projects, and ALL sorts of new fabric that I am VERY excited to use.  I also bought some boards to paint so that we have some pretty things to hang on the walls in the aforementioned music room.  The boys suggested something similar to some paintings that I made for Joshua that have a Bob Dylan quote on them . . . we'll see ;)

Thanks for joining me today! Hopefully I'll have much more to share with you soon :D

Keep Smiling,
Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment