Recent Craftiness

on Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Thought I would bring you all up to date on some of the recent fun I've been having :)

I bought a carafe at Target the other day.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't it cute?  I feel like a real grown-up, now :)


I've also been slowly building up my embroidery hoop collection in preparation for something Jess and I are planning for next month :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aren't they pretty? I almost don't want to use them so they can stay hanging like that.
I've finished a few new embrioderies, too! (pictures coming soon)
Also for what Jess and I are planning ;)

Speaking of embroidery--here is that case make-over I mentioned in an earlier post :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't it cute? I'm really happy with the way it came out! The red case works well to hold my portable hard drive and iPod, but it was just too plain for my tastes :)

Here is another update on a project mentioned in an earlier post.

Remember the clock I got in Kansas City while visiting Jess?

Photobucket

Well, I finally got around to fixing it up! The clock mechanism was MUCH easier to fix than I thought. Turns out, once I got access to the hands by taking the back off of the clock, I just had to pop it back in place and it worked!

 All it needed was a coat of paint :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
The outside is a bright teal color and the inside between the frame and the clock face is a dark purple. I broke the glass while trying to tape it off for painting, but I'm not too upset about it. Just adds charm :)


Last, but certainly not least, is this little t-shirt make-over. When this shirt came out of the drier, it had a bleach stain on the front. I didn't want to get rid of it, because it's so comfy and fits so well, so I put a little applique on it, instead!

Photobucket
Here you can see the bleach stain on the back of the finished shirt, with all of the stitches from the applique.

Photobucket
Detail of the applique.


Isn't it cute? I was very pleasantly surprised :D


So much in one post!  Thanks for stickin' with me! More craftiness and a big announcement, coming soon!

Keep Smiling,
Alyssa

1 comments:

Tyler Tankersley said...

The tee shirt is uber-rad.

Post a Comment