My fingers look like Easter

on Friday, March 5, 2010




At least, that's what Hannah thinks :)  Remember that nail polish that I was so excited about? (See beginning of saga here).  


THE SAGA OF 
THE MINT GREEN NAIL POLISH 


PART 1
Ordered polish from company in New Jersey. 

PART 2
Delayed shipping because of east coast blizzards = offer to refund money, or mail a second polish in return for good feedback on Amazon.  

Second polish, please.

(they ship color called "For Audrey")

PART 3
Go to Sally's to see what "For Audrey" looks like, not exactly what I'm looking for.  Buy pretty color called "Re-fresh Mint".  

PART 4
Second package from Jersey arrives-- 


Contains "Re-fresh Mint" and not "For Audrey".  



!!!!!Conundrum!!!!! 



PART 5
Give second identical polish to roommate, who is also searching for the perfect sea-foam color.  Conundrum, solved.









Exciting, I know. They should make a movie.












ACTUAL EXCITING NEWS:


Hannah and I have a crafty date on Monday night :)  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to work on yet, I have a few things on my list and can't quite decide which I want to make first!




THE LIST:


-Cover for DeRohan's camera strap:  I've been planning on doing this for a while.  I want to make a cover for the strap because it's ugly and says NIKON on it in bright yellow, and because I want to create a pocket to hold the un-attached lens-cap.  


-I bought two canvas boards to create art for the new Music Room at the BSC.  Joshua has given me a few ideas about what to put on them, but I haven't exactly decided yet . . .


-I also recently purchased a neoprene case for my portable hard drive.  This may sound a little silly, but i've noticed a couple scratches on it recently, and I'm worried about losing the USB cable.  The case that I bought looks like this:



I want to embroider some sort of something cute on the bottom right-hand corner.  I'm leaning toward a daisy, but I haven't decided yet.  Plus, it probably won't be here in time for the date on Monday, anyway :/

-Another option is fixing the embroidery that is featured in my DIY (here).  After I finished it, I realized that the yellow letters are very hard to read on the small pattern of the material that I used.  I'm going to stitch over them with a darker color to make them more readable.


Opinions on which project I should do??? Ideas for other projects??? I would LOVE to hear what you guys think :D (about that AND what kind of feedback to leave on Amazon after that saga ;)

Thanks for joining me today! Happy Friday!!! Have a safe, and lovely weekend.  No one get arrested, OK?

Keep Smiling,
Alyssa

1 comments:

Trinity said...

The Saga made me giggle. Have fun on your craft date with Hannah! I think you should do the art for the Music room. :)

Post a Comment