Oh so much excitement :)

on Tuesday, September 7, 2010
We got so much fun mail over the weekend!

My new sewing machine came in :)  
It has 80 stitches AND it does letters.  woah.
 

That is the main reason I've had so many new creations to share lately.  Here's the newest!  Joshua's monk hoodie :P
 
Ain't he cute?

We also got our new pressure cooker!

 


 

We haven't gotten to use it just yet, we're still reading up on exactly how the process works, but we can't wait!  For those who don't can, a pressure cooker allows you to can things that are not naturally acidic, without having to soak them in salt or vinegar.


 
We also got a copy of the Cave Region Review!  Joshua's poem, "Every Summer the Wildfires Came and Took My Parents Away" is published in their newest edition :)  I'm so proud of him!

 
Joshua also got his new Don Chaffer album/t-shirt in the mail and I got my new sewing machine necklace! (click photos to enlarge) I love fun mail, and this weekend we definitely hit the payload in that department :)

xoxo Alyssa

3 comments:

Trinity said...

Wow! The letters function is kind of the coolest thing I have ever seen!!!! Also LOVE the sewing machine necklace. BTW Josh is looking very fit... maybe its just the picture but he looks like he has lost weight or something (not that he was fat or anything) Man I am terrible at writing a comment on physical appearance! lol ;)

Alyssa Bennett Smith said...

Thanks, Trin! I'm pretty excited to use and abuse the letter function :) I'm thinking out trying it out tonight! I'm sure Joshua appreciates the efforts ;)

Unknown said...

How awesome!! I have an old beater sewing machine, but it's often more time consuming than sewing by hand :) Can't wait to see more of your wonderful creations!

Post a Comment