Adventures in Jewelry Making

on Tuesday, November 9, 2010
I found this owl charm at the crafts store last week and thought it was cute.  It was cheap so I picked it up thinking I would just slide it onto one of the chains I already had.  I got home to find out that it wouldn't fit (the loop at the top was too small) so I would have to go back and get a bigger loop to put on the top, and probably a chain to put it on as well.  The sewing machine necklace next to it was what got me started loving brass jewelry.  It's from Red Velvet and I LOVE it.  So cute, and I have gotten so many comments about it :)



While I was at the store this evening picking up the supplies for the owl necklace, I got some chains, loops, and clasps to try out an idea I found online early last week.  I.  Love.  Them.  The autumn colored necklace will be added to the shop shortly, but the silver one is a gift (sorry!).  However, I LOVED making them, so if you wish you order one I would LOVE to make you one with your own personally selected colors.

(Click on images to enlarge)

I think I rather like jewelry making, it has a nice "instant gratification" factor that sewing does not always include. ;) Please do not forget to leave comments on your favorite fall/winter products on the facebook page!  I'm in the process of decided which direction to go with the new merchandise I'm making (what fabrics to use, which products to make, etc.) and would appreciate ANY feedback I can get  :)  Thanks guys!

xoxo Alyssa

1 comments:

Trinity said...

LOVE The owl charm AND the fabric leaf necklaces! Seriously! I totally scored in the "awesome-sister-who-makes-things" contest!

Post a Comment