Best Day in Recorded History

on Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Don't you just love it when things work out your way?  I got a text message this morning from a great friend of mine, who lives far, far away, saying that she was going to be visiting a town near my parents house in a few weeks.  Just a few minutes later I got a facebook message from my soon-to-be-sister-in-law (who you can find here) asking me if I could meet her at my parents house that SAME WEEK to help her work on her crafty-filled wedding to-do list!  I was elated!  

I can help Trinity with wedding tasks during the day while Courtney is in job training, and then spend the evenings with Courtney!  AND get to see my parents and their adorable new puppy!

Isn't she the cutest?! Her name is Daisy May and I can't wait to meet her! :)

In addition to all of this exciting news, I made a new discovery via Wild Olive, the embroidery/graphic design blog of Miss Mollie Johanson.  Did you know there's an image pool on Flickr that is ALL vintage embroidery patterns?!  It's my new favourite thing.  I downloaded literally hundreds of patterns and I CANNOT WAIT to use them :)  Here are some of my favorites.



Haha.  You know, just a few of my favorites ;)  I cannot wait to stitch these AWESOME little illustrations :)  Particularly the last two. hehe.  Expect to see that victrola very soon ;)

Thanks so much for reading! I'll be back sometime this weekend (probably) with pictures of some quilts I just finished and the fabric for the next one!  Keep smiling!  And if you forget, just take a look at this cutie, who is also from the Flickr pool :)




xoxo 
Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment